AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why would you DESTROY this tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 11/22/2012 22:45 (#2711732 - in reply to #2711685)
Subject: Re: Why would you DESTROY this tractor?

1394 - 11/22/2012 21:18

If a guy was to look at a house with ripped carpet, missing light switches and faded siding it would be destroyed. When something is worth a third of what it should be I would call it destroyed also.ihope the owner made an extra 60000 to make up for his lack of care.

If a house was leveled by an F4 tornado it would be DESTROYED.

Now, I believe trakman has a couple of beautiful tractors there, and yes, if I was in the market for an 8410T, I would pay some premium for a machine like that. But let us assume, since it says unknown hours, that there are 14000 hours on that beat up tractor. If it is sitting on a lot beside an 8410T that is as pretty as trakman's yet both machines have 14000 hours and need new tracks, you seriously think that being waxed and having a pristine cab would make the pretty tractor worth $60k more?

BTW, our 5488 was a Southern Belle Sikeston tractor. It looked nothing like this when it came to Iowa. Right now, it has been used all fall, it is kinda dirty, there's a few Mountain Dew cans and water bottles in the cab, it has a couple hydraulic leaks that need attention, and I think it is pretty far from being DESTROYED either now or before we gave it a quality paint job, new tires, reman engine, cab interior, new wiring, new radiator, new shift linkages, Sanden A/C compressor and new lines, etc etc.

(untitled-1-3 (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments untitled-1-3 (Medium).jpg (39KB - 160 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)