AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building a Black Friday Computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

gmoney
Posted 11/22/2012 08:55 (#2710457)
Subject: Building a Black Friday Computer

SC Wisconsin
So, the thread on here got me thinking again. I've been threatening to build a replacement for our aging HP laptop (which only functions in docked mode, so it's really a desktop. but anyway....) and I'm thinking I may scan the Black Friday deals to see what I can snag for components/build kits.

My most advanced gaming are things like Medal of Honor:Allied Assault and Farming Simulator. Nothing too intense, and no plans to go there either. Farming Simulator will bring the laptop to it's knees though.

No experience building computers here, but I'm blessed with the handyness that most farm boys have so I'm willing to give this building thing a whirl. YouTube has a lot of good videos to watch too.

I'm sort of impartial to processor type, but I do like AMD for some unknown reason. Probably because I'm thrifty and I don't need the utmost in computing power that Intel seems to hang it's hat on.

At one point, I had pieced together this build as something I might try to build around, but that was before Trinity chips were released.

AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad-Core Socket AM3+
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

Any suggestions? Any thoughts on Black Friday deals I should snag? I know enough to be really dangerous here, so any help is appreciated! I'm willing to spend a bit more money on components if there is a better chance of them being more future proof... I'd like to keep this running for 5+ years.

Edited by gmoney 11/22/2012 09:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)