AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I caught the picture bug myself
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 11/21/2012 21:39 (#2709949)
Subject: I caught the picture bug myself

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
These were taken a couple days ago, the radio said it was real foggy everywhere this morning but when you live in a lake town you can pretty well bet on a heavy due and fog every morning. Unless your in a drought, so I don't complain about the fog anymore.

#1 is of the bigger calves coming in when they hear the tractor start. they are being strip grazed on failed beans and volunteer wheat so they won't eat there silage but still like to line up at the bunk so I run the truck down the bunk or pour them some moldy corn or salt or what ever I have on hand so they will feel accomplished for the day.

#2 Loading up the truck to go feed some mommy cows. When I was asked how much silage I was feeding per head per day to the cows down by the airport my reply was "about a load".

#3 Is a red calf just for Jimbo, the sick/old cows chowing down before the big bullys come knock them out of the way. I hope there is nothing wrong with younger calves eatting cornless silage because Most of these calves started chowing down at about a month of age.

Edited by mcupps 11/21/2012 22:01

(calves.jpg)

(truck.jpg)

(red.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments calves.jpg (42KB - 124 downloads)
Attachments truck.jpg (40KB - 125 downloads)
Attachments red.jpg (41KB - 126 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)