AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help understanding Feeding out cattle.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

buckeyefarmer
Posted 11/22/2012 22:10 (#2711668 - in reply to #2711554)
Subject: Re: Help understanding Feeding out cattle.

nw oh
We had a custom blend made through ADM. We were originally on their by product mineral mix, but were having feet issues so tried zin pro with it and that really helped. Wanted to start getting mineral in bulk rather than bags. So, they formulated a custom blend with extra zinc, vitamin A, thiamin, more rumensin, and more calcium. It has really helped.

Yes corn silage although we also made sorghum sudan silage just have not gotten to it in the silo yet. If I had more silage I would probably go 10-12 lbs. The calf feds do not get too much frame a yearling probably would. It seems to be plenty of roughage. If you can control the length of cut on your chopper just leave it longer so you have larger pieces and that will add some "scratch" to the rumen.

When we run out of silage we will feed about 2 lbs in the TMR and then bed more frequently.

If I can get my wifes camera for a day and figure out posting pictures I will post some pictures of some that are about ready for market and you can let me know how they compare.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)