AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gun Safe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 11/19/2012 23:16 (#2706936 - in reply to #2706896)
Subject: RE: Gun Safe

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
I sort of outgrew mine and wanted another one I could put in another room, easier to get to for frequently used guns. I was going to buy this one

http://www.costco.com/Bighorn-B7144EL-Heavy-Duty-Safe.product.11468...

from Costco, local gun dealer ordered me a comparable safe for quite a bit cheaper. It is a Black Diamond brand, and has a better fire rating and is a little heavier, so it must have some steel in it. Unless your going to spend several thousand, I think they are all pretty much the same. Despite the nice and quick access of a keypad, it is usually the electric locks that cause problems, so I get a combination lock. External hinges are nice as well since you can take the door off to help move it, and it doesn't make them any easier to break into. I looked at the Liberty, and it seemed like there were some better ones out there for the same money. I was surprised at how much cheaper the local guy could get one for, might check around. He said there was a pretty good markup on safes.

I'd also always buy at least a 40" wide one. Nice to have the room inside. Bigger is always better, but much bigger than 40x72" gets hard to move as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)