AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

100 acres of corn per day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Austin
Posted 11/20/2012 19:43 (#2708047 - in reply to #2707149)
Subject: RE: Questions for OP - Austin

Garrett County, MD
I will try to answer your questions. Thanks for the interest. Ok lets see...

1- We do not unload on the go, most fields are hilly and rolling as well as lots of point rows etc. It would be very easy to destroy something after a long day, or at night.

2- We will road our 6 row, and on most roads it takes the width. No one can pass. It will not fit through most standard gates in this area. Usually 12 or 16 ft gates around here. So we wind up dropping it a lot. We don't travel over a mile or so down a main road with the head. We have to lead-car everything around here. Even a combine with no head. Most roads have no shoulder to speak of, or lots of guardrails. We are spread out over 4 counties to there is a lot of road time.

3- 30" spacing. I wonder how narrow a folding 8 row would be.

4-We can get our semi's pretty close most of the time. We always have a cart, and it stays busy but can usually keep up fine.

For what its worth we have a Gleaner r52 and a 62. Normally the 52 stays on corn and the 62 stays on beans, but we could get another corn head and run them both on corn. Agco dealer told me the 52 will take an 8 row, but i'm not so sure it wouldn't faceplant going own a steep hill... I don't want to use the 62 for corn instead of beans because I really need the extra capacity pushing a 25ft flex. While the 52 is less capacity I can run 3.5mph in good 200 bushel corn. And honestly with our ground I don't want to drive faster than that... The two 8 row machines and one cart sounds like a good idea to me but the heads would have to fold to 12 ft or so.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)