AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

100 acres of corn per day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 11/20/2012 07:07 (#2707149 - in reply to #2706650)
Subject: Questions for OP - Austin

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Some questions for Austin:
#1- With fields of 5 to 25 acres, I am thinking unloading on the go is not practical. Maybe the 25 acre ones, but not the under ten acre fields.
Can and do you unload on the go?

#2- Just how wide of a corn head can you take thru gates and down the road? In my part of the world a 20 foot 8 row by 30 is no problem at all. Some people even take 30 foot 12 row by 30s down the road, but not very far. There are some who go a long ways with 30 footers, but I think they are asking for trouble.
I know as you go to the east in the USA, you cannot take as stuff very wide down the road.

#3- Fully believe a folding corn head would do you a world of good. Depends on the answer to #2. If less than 20' lots. If you can road with a 20' head on the combine, not quite as much.
What is your row spacing? Folding heads are no problem for 30" heads. I believe there are 20" folding heads. But for a 15" to fold, I doubt if that is practical.

#4- Can you get semis or trucks into the field to load? I doubt if loading on the road would go over very good with police department in your eastern urban location.

I can feel for you and all those fields. At the present time I only have two fields. And they are really just one field split in the middle. But I use to have over 20 fields at five locations.
The moving can really take the time.

Edited by Bobby Greif 11/20/2012 07:36

(2008_1102cam-10163.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2008_1102cam-10163.jpg (73KB - 70 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)