AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (59) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tissue test results from summertime pesticide drift complaint
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format
 
obie_iaffa
Posted 11/19/2012 20:09 (#2706431)
Subject: Tissue test results from summertime pesticide drift complaint


NE Iowa
Back in late May I got a phone call from a customer that I do commercial application work for. A neighbor of his stated that "the spray guy smoked his whole garden." The farmer and I went and looked at the garden that was 100' from the edge of the field. It was clearly the greenest dead garden we had both ever seen and the lawn between the field and the garden looked pretty healthy too. Long story short, the garden owner either wasn't home or wouldn't come to the door(both vehicles were clearly parked in the garage), so I took pictures and left. IDALS called a few days later and came out and took my information and they also took some tissue samples from the gardener's "dead" tomatoe plants and dirt in which they were growing. I had Tremor AT(acetaohlor and atrazine), Durango(glyphosate), and 2-4D in the mix. Both the tissue and soil test came back with no detection on the 2-4D, the atrazine, and the acetochlor. The glyphosate tissue sample came back at .079ppm and the soil tested .038ppm for glyphosate. The cover letter states that the final disposition is still pending. I would think that if I were the culprit of said drift, all my tank mix partners would show up in the tissue sample. Curious if anyone thinks I've got anything to worry about or if perhaps the gardener used glyphosate to kill off the weeds before he planted the garden and got a little carried away with the rate and had some leftover residual.
Top of the page Bottom of the page


Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)