AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starfire receiver running SF1 w Ag leader steering and display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 11/18/2012 23:18 (#2705229)
Subject: Starfire receiver running SF1 w Ag leader steering and display

Iowa
I have demo'd two systems: a Deere brown box running SF1 and an Ag Leader Versa. It may have been with the settings, but the Deere SF1 appeared to set a more accurate line than did the Ag leader.

I would like to mix and match the best of the two systems: the Ag Leader Versa display and on-trac steering wheel deal ( the Deere ATU was a terribly bulky deal I won't put up with) and the sf1 signal.

Is this possible? If not, I'll still buy the Ag leader system- no way I am giving $400 MORE for the brown box and knee-busting ATU compared to what I can buy the Ag Leader system for. $7300 for Deere and 6900 for Ag Leader. The best of both worlds would be the sf1 signal with Versa and on-trac if it can be easily accomplished. I think the Deere globe I had was a starfire 300(???).

Like I said, it may have been in the temp installs/settings, but the Deere appeared to be more accurate pass-to-pass, but no way am I giving that much $$ for a brown box. I'll live with the complete Ag Leader system if I have to.

This is on a Deere 8300 doing tillage and anhydrous only.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)