AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Winter trip ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/18/2012 21:21 (#2704946 - in reply to #2704905)
Subject: Re: Winter trip ideas

central - east central Minnesota -

RayZ59 - 11/18/2012 20:08 I actually went to this forum tonight to ask the same question! We have been thinking Hawaii and I was unsure which way to do it, cruise, island hop on a tour, wing it on our own or a combination of a cruise and arrive early to see more. We've been to Costa Rica and enjoyed it; very safe and has a wide range of climates depending on elevation, caribbean side, or Pacific side. We were leaning towards a Hawaiin cruise and then someone told me they hit bad weather and couldn't get tendered to 2 of the islands. They stood on the ship and looked at the island, but were unable to get ashore! Is that unusual, did they just get unlucky?

It would be unusual, to not get tendered to shore . . . . 
We did the cruise a few yrs back - It was ok, in as, you really didn't get to experence the Islands as you could/would if you stayed on each Island for 7 - 10 days streight.
The cruise wasn't relaxing to us (wife & I) it was busy and depending on the island, over cast / rainy. 
When you stay on an island, if you get a over cast / rainy few hours, you can drive to a different part of the island for sun and fun (all the islands have micro climates, so if it not what you like, drive to the airaid areas and enjoy.
We've been to the islands enought, that doing it on our own is fine. 
In my opinion / experence, everyone needs to experence Oahu / Waikikii - that island has the most history.
The other islands are for relaxing and blending in  . ..  There are days and days of exploring and activities on each island. 
The cruise, gives a quick little sample of each . . . . 

We are headed to Kauaii this winter ~ been to Oahu and Maui several times, and of course, on the cruise, Hawaii (big island) and kauai.

Edited by iseedit 11/18/2012 21:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)