AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rent Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tippy
Posted 11/18/2012 14:43 (#2704112)
Subject: Rent Help

Minnesota
Guys I am looking for some advice on how to move forward? I am in the process of buying out the farm. This is taking place because 2 years ago my dad had a stroke and since has not had the ability to manage the farm since then. Luckily he is able to run equipment and get around good still, but his ability to mentally keep track of things has been greatly affected. I have learned over the last two years a lot more about marketing and I have managed at a CO-OP for the last 3 years and so have a very good understanding on how to manage inputs. I cannot manage both my responsibilities at the CO-OP and do any sort of an OK job at farm too, so I will be leaving the CO-OP in the spring to farm full time. The one thing I have not done though is renting ground. I by no means want to go out and be THAT DICK HEAD in the neighborhood renting ground away from everybody and jacking rental rates, but I do need to increase our acres some to be able to support 2 families off the same operation. We only farm a few hundred acres as we sit now. I need to approach some people on renting land and am wondering what some of the common concerns land owners have? I get the opportunity to work with farmers here at the CO-OP and know what their concerns are but I don’t deal with many land lords and so am not completely sure what most of them are looking for in a renter?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)