AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top Producer of the year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John d. Rockefeller
Posted 11/19/2012 21:27 (#2706658 - in reply to #2705485)
Subject: Re: Top Producer of the year

You are exactly right. The amount of soil erosion that goes on is criminal. Many people do not understand the results of their actions. I have done this before, had massive washouts and terrible problems with my land, and I decided I was going to take care of it, and what the hell it might cost me 50 bucks per acre to do what I need to do to keep my soil where it belongs, but I think it is worth it. But i guess I can pay my bills too, at least so far, so I have not seen the investment as a issue. It would be really hard to know where 43,000 acres are all at, let alone love them and take care of them like they are your own. Not saying its not possible, but definitely not probable. Soil is a living breathing thing, and taking care of it might seem as simple as hooking up your 9630 or whatever you might use. But each time you touch the soil, it is either positive or negative for the ground, it is never nuetral, you are either going forward or backward. Running a planter is the end of the process not the beginning. Computer systems and auto steer dont know how to farm land, its like asking your computer to take care of your cows. To have 70 employees take care of your land correctly it would take a massive amount of education, and a large amount of planning. About like walmart tackling customer service, like that is ever going to happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)