AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tom Osborne, bill Snyder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mj_sker
Posted 11/18/2012 11:02 (#2703786)
Subject: Tom Osborne, bill Snyder

The Far East...of Nebraska.
There was a big send off to Tom Osborne yesterday at memorial stadium. Someday k-state will have something similar with coach Snyder. Here's my question, are there any current football coaches who will have such an impact on a program over such a long time? Even if you're a great coach and a great person, you'll likely still get fired if you have a few down years. Nebraska fired Solich after he won 10 games. In today's world I just don't think a guy can emulate what these two have been able to accomplish.

Take a good coach like Saban, well he has jumped around all over the place, and you have to do that the first ten years of your career to climb the ladder, he just continued doing it. Meyer left Florida, and who knows how long he will be at osu. Maybe les miles at lsu will stick around awhile, but if they have a few down years I'm sure they'll turn on him. How can you coach 30 years and not have some down years?

I don't really know where I'm going with this, just thinking of what an incredible job these two have done. T.O. Inherited a strong program and eventually took it even higher, Snyder built one from the ground up (maybe the only way a guy could be completely safe in his job anymore).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)