AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tom Osborne, bill Snyder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trippjn
Posted 11/18/2012 23:26 (#2705247 - in reply to #2705070)
Subject: Re: Tom Osborne, bill Snyder

North Central Oklahoma
Stoops won't beable to survive the media and fans at Norman forever. They are to impatient and have a sense of intitlement and need for instant gratification. The OU fans in general are not well educated and hang their hat on OU success because they don't have much else to look up to in life. The joke in Oklahoma last year was the increased number of domestic violence cases against spouses after the Bedlam beat down.

If it had not been for Mike Leach, I don't think Stoops would have had the championship in 2000. That year was like a perfect storm. Mike Leach deserves a lot of that credit. I truley think that Stoops will leave or be let go because of what is building in Stillwater and what will probably happen at Texas after someone relieves Mack Brown of his duties. The Texas job is to good of a job to have such a poor coach. That is the easiest school to recruit top talent too and has the deepest pockets for a budget. Someone great will step in and turn that around quickly in a few years. It is not going to be as easy for the Sooners from here on. Mike Stoops is going to have a hard time adjusting his defenses to the offenses that are now prevalent in the Big12. It is not the same as when he left for Arizona a few years ago. OSU offenses have put the hurt to Mike when he was at Arizona. He will see that same offense from multiple teams in this league. WV put like almost 800 yards on him last night.

Oklahoma State and K-State are very much alike in that they don't have a lot of choices for coaches. Their fans have sat through many heart breaks and are not as unreasonable when it comes to coaching expectations. Even when Gundy has some down years he will be given a pass because the fans will be more patient. His whole program is built on a solid foundation. He and his staff are either better at evaluating recruits, or do a better job developing players than most big boy schools. They never have a top recruiting class, yet are consitently having success.

I have to give it up to Bill Snyder. I thought that Ron Prince had destroyed KSU. I thought Bill would be to old and removed and that to much damage had already occured to be able to pull it back together so quick. Wow! Was I ever wrong. He is a super, secretive, odd duck. But he is very successful and I believe he builds his program on a solid foundation. It will be interesting to see who will replace him whenever that day is. I wonder how many more years Bill will coach?

As for that Tom Osborne / Bo Pelini pic, Bo does not deserve to be around Tom. Until he finds some meds and learns to vent in a postive fashion or control hmself, he doesn't deserve the same respect as Tom. Him and Mike Stoops are so much alike it is pitiful. It is one thing as a coach to chew a person out, however if they were my coach they would end up with a broken nose. I have no respect for either of them as they have shown no reason to have earned it. They need to aquire some dignity and cool their tempers. They are absolutley childish and it will catch up with both of them.

Edited by trippjn 11/19/2012 22:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)