AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

drying beans in truck.....is it possible
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SWOaggie
Posted 11/19/2012 11:57 (#2705868 - in reply to #2702564)
Subject: Re: drying beans in truck.....is it possible

Only experience I have in this is a while back My dad had a couple wagons full of wet beans wanted to see if he could dry them down. My dad borrowed a couple of screw in fans, we put them in place and tasked my brother with keeping the woodstove going all afternoon and night. I got home from my hockey game that night and decided to slide down to the shop the check on my brother and the beans. I walked in and could not believe what i saw and felt. My brother and his friend sitting in nothing but their boots and underwear in our shop that was sitting a temp of nearly 34 degrees C, and that was on the wall furthest from the stove. Not that unexpectedly they had decided at some point in the afternoon that they should keep refreshed as they kept the fire going. It was a sight i will never forget, they both needed help up to the house that night. As for the beans, well the top foot or two went from about 16.5% moisture to around 11.5% took another couple of days at a more reasonable temperature to bring the rest down. So if the elevator doesnt want them well, as you said, there is always plan B.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)