AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you have a chemistry set?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 11/17/2012 07:10 (#2701661 - in reply to #2701502)
Subject: RE: Did you have a chemistry set?

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

There were many toys I wanted and did not receive, but I did get a chemistry set.  Dad was willing to spend for almost anything with "learning" attached to it.  He knew his boy was slow, and tried to improve his lot in life, I guess.
Mine had lots of chemicals, the back had two wings that opened up to make a large impressive laboratory for me.  I actually used the enclosed book, and carefully repeated all the experiments in it.  As a result, I actually did learn the names and properties of all the chemicals enclosed in the set.  Taking chemistry in high school was easier thinks to the head start that experience I gained from using the set as a 4th grader.  I have tried to investigate newer chemistry sets, and there are nowhere near the range or amounts of chemicals I had available to me, everything now is too regulated, and most kitchens would have the contents of the current chemistry sets available. 

I talked to most of my friends, only a few actually had a chemistry set, and none of them read the experients included.  About all they did is mix different things together, trying to find the alchemists formula for turning base metals int gold, as seen on cartoons. 

Edited by Illinois John 11/17/2012 07:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)