AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

liberty herbicide???'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

khall_12_34
Posted 11/17/2012 17:19 (#2702476 - in reply to #2701306)
Subject: Re: liberty herbicide???'s

Formerly NE North Dakota, now NW MN
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Wasn't until last year that we had a LL bean with an early enough maturity to try planting it. Even then they were the latest beans on the farm, but we tried em anyways.

Our first pass was 36 floz liberate, 5floz cobra, and some fairly high rate of clethodim. We got lucky and caught a hot day- it smoked everything, within 48 hours.

I like the system. Right now, we're using it after RR sugar beets. Beet ground is typically drier, so we can get in early to plant the longer-maturity varieties. We put down prowl ppi, as close to planting day as possible. It's worked very well for us.

This year we did do a second shot at 29 floz or something close to that. Not sure if we had too but, did it anyways.

Edit to add: we have twinjet's for applying fungicide, so that's what we used. The side by sides we've done with them using other contact herbicides have really impressed me. I think they are awesome. That said, if you don't have crops needed 3 or 4 shots of fungicide, the twinjet might not be a necessary investment for just one or two applications of liberty. Regular flat fans would probably work pretty well. I don't like hollow cones at all, for anything. I can't remember if we used 15 or 20 gallons. I'm guessing 20. If you put that much chemical in the tank, might as well put plenty of water out there, we figure.

Edited by khall_12_34 11/17/2012 17:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)