AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rolling up barbwire... (HELP)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mccoyranch
Posted 11/17/2012 07:48 (#2701686 - in reply to #2701542)
Subject: Re: Rolling up barbwire... (HELP)

North Central Kansas
+1
I build some fence commercially, and I've really found the best way is to roll it up by hand. Remove all the old wires from the posts and use the old tie wire or clips to tie all the strands together. I always go down hill or pick an easy place to work. I'll hook on to it with my Kubota or skid loader and pull it up hill so I can roll down hill. Start a loop about chest high, this will help with stooping over so much, then get it started and weave the roll back and forth. You'll kind of be slapping it from side to side as it rolls along and this will wrap the wire around the roll and make it tight so it stays together. When it gets big enough you don't want to wrestle it anymore, cut it off and start another.
I have a hydraulic wire winder from Hotwoods that I use for temporary electric fence in the winter and it works well, very safe to use. I have used one to roll up barbwire, but mine stays at home because I feel rolling by hand is easier and just as fast. If you really want a challenge, try making barbwire balls, or snowmen. I have sold some, but they are not easy to make.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)