AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I alone in my thoughts lol???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thefoolishfarmer
Posted 11/16/2012 09:25 (#2700220)
Subject: Am I alone in my thoughts lol???

South cental Ohio
I'm not a writer but I felt the need to see if anyone else thinks like me. Hope you enjoy reading what went through my head the other day lol. I used to go to bed worrying about how I was going to pay for the farm and its debt load... now I go to bed worrying about what will happen to my estate when I die--- I used to wake up and hate wasting time eating breakfast... now, if I wake, I wonder if I'll make it to breakfast before it's lunchtime--- I used to jump on and off of tractors, not even using the step... now I find myself looking at adding the most user friendly steps so I can even get on the tractor--- I used to crank up the fender radio as loud as it would go and take pride in how straight I could keep the rows... now I find myself in a glass, sound proof booth, not having to steer and there might be a radio among all the gadgets, but I'm yet to know how to turn it on--- I used to want to work all day and all night if needed... now I look forward to the sunset and saying " well it's getting dark, we better call it a day, what's here will be there tomorrow, but I might not" --- I used to crunch on those hard pork cracklins all day without breaking a tooth... now I can't even eat those puffed up ones without getting indigestion--- I used to shovel ear corn in the feed grinder until it was full... now I quit shoveling when I get tired and the grinder isn't even half full--- I used to look forward to repairing any breakdown that occurred because I usually knew how to fix it... now I pray nothing breaks because I don't feel like fixxing it, let alone be able to remember where all the parts go!!!!!!! I was just wondering if I am alone in the way my thoughts are???? I could go on and on but it's time to go through my farming routines for the day- if i can remember what they are LOL. Good life to all of you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)