AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

S680 cob in sample problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Maple Leaf
Posted 11/16/2012 12:12 (#2700454 - in reply to #2700221)
Subject: Re: S680 cob in sample problem

Not sure what style threshing elements you have on your rotor but I have a 9650STS and had the original smooth thresher bars and always had issues with broken cobs and more fines then I liked. This year I decided to go to John Deere's two piece threshing elements where you can replace the thresher bars from smooth, 5 tooth for corn and grain or 9 tooth for corn and grain and ideal for soybeans. I always thought I had a really nice sample with old style, but new 9 teeth gave me almost barely any splits and not a single pod and I had alot more capacity, more power and used alot less fuel. Got into corn and it is the nicest sample of corn I ever had, I have a screen cleaner by dryer and I barely had any broken corn or pieces of cobs. Ask your dealer to look for the technical bulletin on it. I had 43-10 and sample looked like it came out of a seed bag, cleaner wasn't removing anything and with 9 tooth thresher bar the cobs come out whole out of the combine which I liked and made it very easy to set from one variety to the next.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)