AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beans history (Sat)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 11/15/2012 23:58 (#2699803 - in reply to #2699695)
Subject: Re: Beans history (Sat)

Buxton ND
May first a saw my name all those times and thought what did I F up, them figured it out. First time of ever seen such a long mult.year chart.... But gets one thinking, set aside days,high interest rates,the 80's,when the SA production took off leading to those prices of the 90's. THEN 1995-96 and the China buying beans like,like,well a crazy China-men !!!!! 1996 was my first year to sell $6 wheat and over 3 dollar corn,wheat was cash early summer,corn was contracted and contracted some 2.80 cash corn for fall of 1997 too which I VERY QUIETLY added a .23 LDP netting me 3.03 One farmer in the elevator office heard the 3.03 price and I got "how the xxxx did you do that" which did lead to some changes on how contracted grain was LDP's in my area.....AND the FSA lady pizzy with me in later LDP's years. Not much market thoughts with this post but just reminiscing about old times I guess !!!!!!
Guess I'm too old,,, and remember some of those times,,,some of those yearsssss,,, were bad AG years,,,many in a row........ Remember being at a land Auction mid 1980's,,,I was one of 2 bidders............now days half the dam country is there to bid............
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)