Posted 11/16/2012 01:29 (#2699867 - in reply to #2699542) Subject: Re: Who's Thinking Hawaii - Kauai, more specifically ~
Kauai, The garden isle, and right fully so. Much more "laid back" then the other Islands
1) Rent a bike $10-15 a day, pack a pinic lunch and ride the paved coast trail a Kapaa, 4 easy miles beautiful and can see lots of whales off the coast.
2) Take a drive to the top of Waimea Canyon (grand canyon of Hawaii), drive to the very top of the world and peek over the cliffs of Napali. Pick a Sunny Day because the wettest place on earth is at the top. 450 plus inches rainfall per year.
3) rent Kayaks pack a pinic and paddle the Wailua river, easy and beautiful.
4) helicopter ride ....wow!!!
5) whale watching boat trip is great ( unless prone to sea sickness)
6) swim 75 degree ocean water everyday.
7) hike a couple miles (or more) along the cliffs of the Napali Coast
8) swim snorkel and hike Mahaulepu beach area ( hidden beach at end of rough dirt road ) pack a pinic for that one as well.
9) secret beach is cool (but its a secret how to get there :o)
10) I could go on and on.
Beaches and beach access is not clearly marked so it takes a bit of an explorer mentality to find some of the more secluded places but well worth it.
Bubba burgers are great,
Fish tacos ...yes
MaiTais, of course, Scotty's in Kapaa the best
one week is NOT ENOUGH. it seems every time we go we manage to add a few more days to our stay.