AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spring Wheat Plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Valleyfarmer
Posted 11/15/2012 14:19 (#2698798)
Subject: Spring Wheat Plan

Morris, Mb.
I am currently putting together some crop budgets and plans and I am looking at changing our Hard Red Spring plan.

We seed our wheat with a Flexicoil 5000 on 9” spacing with 4 inch paired row openers with fertilizer in the middle. We are currently putting down 80 lbs of N with 40 of that being ESN, 40 lbs of Phos and 10 lbs of potassium per acre. These numbers are changed slightly depending on the soil test recommendations. We then top dress an extra 40 lbs of N at the 4 - 6 leaf stage as granular urea with our Valmar. We seed approximately 150 lbs/ac of seed treated with Cruiser Max Cereals. We put a ½ rate of Tilt on with our herbicide and then spray Caramba at Flowering for FHB (Scab) control. This past year, we saw some disease on the flag, but it was a very low disease pressure year. Our wheat averaged 77 bu/ac this year.

My questions:
Would it be worthwhile to budget to add another fungicide application at the flag leaf stage, or would my Caramba be controlling enough disease on the flag? If so, which one?

Should I be putting a different fungicide down with the herbicide?

Are there any micro nutrients that generally pay in spring wheat? None of our soil tests recommend any, but micro’s are not commonly used in my area?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)