AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speeding ticket
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pupdaddy12003
Posted 11/15/2012 06:48 (#2698154 - in reply to #2698035)
Subject: Re: Speeding ticket

NW Central Ohio
I don't believe the State of Ohio allows you to request a jury trial. If it's a small town it also may have a "mayor's court". You don't win in those places....but you can request the officer be present. If more people requested the officer be present, they would think a little longer about it being a "revenue generator". It takes several hours out of an officers day to attend court, and sometimes they make the officer do it on overtime....that starts to really bite them in the old pocketbook. I once had an officer write me up for a seatbelt violation after stopping me because I didn't have a front license plate on my vehicle. I got him to admit that he looked into my vehicle to see if I was wearing a seat belt before determining whether I was operating a vehicle that didn't require a front license plate (Dealer plate or 30 day tag). The law states they have to observe you doing something wrong "before even looking into the driver's compartment". The judge was reaching for his Ohio Revised Code, the prosecuting attorney had his hands in the air, the officers face was turning red....and the court recorder was laughing her ass off because she knew I had everyone in the room by the short hairs. I didn't make a motion to suppress the officers testimony....so the judge fined me anyways saying "I'm going to give you 30 days to pay this because you may want to appeal this". I figured it was the best $50 bucks worth of entertainment I have seen for a while so I gladly paid the fine!!!...LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)