AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grinding corn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 11/15/2012 09:15 (#2698384 - in reply to #2697998)
Subject: Re: grinding corn.

Faunsdale, AL
Roller would be best, but cheapest is a grinder mixer augering out into a pile or bay.

I would guess half your problem is the blower. Grinder mixers all have a blower with a cyclone to pull fines on through the screen faster and separate the dust and put it back in the ground grain stream. So some dust blowing around still, but lots less than the blower you have.

We have a IH 1250 with about 175 hp on it in the form of a IH 450 cubic inch propane engine. Using about a 1/8" screen, have to look, it's been a while since I had to buy another one.
We feed it with a portable auger out of a bin, basically set the bin auger so it controls the rate and turn it all on. I don't feel comfortable without someone watching it though.

I have another old one that I would love to setup with an electric so it could grind unattended. Used to have a 10 hp Mix-Mill with the proportioner and the shutoffs on it. That is what I had in mind, just grinding corn or maybe corn and oats. Have a 40 hp motor sitting around, just need a way to feed in, overhead bin etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)