AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bovine TB (Michigan vs Wisconsin)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tjdub
Posted 11/15/2012 02:18 (#2698089 - in reply to #2698074)
Subject: RE: WHO told You that?

I don't want to name names (because I'm terrible with names).

I do remember having a conversation with my vet about the costs of doing a whole herd TB test just so I could sell my calves in IA. The State of MN was paying 50% of the testing cost at the time in the form of a tax credit. It still didn't seem worth the cost.

I did another google search and this was the first article.

"The new TB plan restricts only parts of Roseau, Marshall, Lake of the Woods and Beltrami counties. Feeder cattle in the rest of the state can move across state lines without testing restrictions.

The new status comes at an important time for Minnesota's cattle industry, because many feeder cattle are moved to facilities in other states during the fall, said Joe Martin, assistant commissioner for the state Department of Agriculture."

"Most of the states that accept animals from Minnesota will recognize the new split status, including South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas, "

"Wisconsin will keep treating the entire state of Minnesota the same as the isolated TB area, said Donna Gilson, a spokeswoman for the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.

"We've done the same thing with Michigan over the years. It's just that we're not confident of the ability to guard movement within the state to make sure something coming out of that zone isn't coming to Wisconsin via other routes," Gilson said."

I'm sure I didn't dream the whole thing. Well, pretty sure.

Edited by tjdub 11/15/2012 02:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)