AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra used as population monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

benc
Posted 11/14/2012 17:14 (#2697054 - in reply to #2696799)
Subject: Re: Integra used as population monitor

SE Michigan
Yes the unlocks that were on the Integra will still be there. Which for what you stated above would be autoswath.

I am running an Integra with a trimble 252 receiver unlocked for RTK with a 900 joey radio to provide RTK feeding an EZ guild plus feeding an EZ steer and feeding the Integra. I originally had and Insight in this setup and purchased the Integra as we wanted something in two tractors at the same time. Integra and Insight can be interchanged with very little trouble, but the Integra will do some things that the Insight will not do.

We do not use the population monitor feature on the Integra as we already had a John Deere population monitor and the Insight we originally had would not support it. We did not purchase the module needed to do population monitoring. We put the Insight in another tractor to provide soybean planting information and also use it in a third tractor when sidedressing corn to record 28% application data.

Integra can be configured to get input from a variety of GPS inputs.

If you are happy with the EZ steer I would try and use it still. If you are unhappy with it then would be the time to consider something different.

As for wiring the setup you will need to find someone that know about all the components you will have in the system.

You do not need RTK to make the things work you are talking about, but RTK is more accurate.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)