AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machine shed sliding door, center stabilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Eric in ND
Posted 11/14/2012 20:03 (#2697312 - in reply to #2696706)
Subject: RE: Machine shed sliding door, center stabilizer

North Dakota, USA
I had the same problem, the post would move and I had to lift the door on and off the bracket to open and close it. I took the bracket off of the post and bolted a piece of half in steel plate to each side of the post. Now the door goes between them instead of having to hit the bracket perfectly to shut. My doors were about the same width as the post so it keeps them from moving very much at all. I cut slots in the plates so if the post kept moving, i could raise or lower the plates easily. I figured I would have to dig down around the bolts to move them but it turned out a hammer will knock them down and I can clamp a vise grip tight on them and pry them up with a crow bar if needed.

The downside is I have to be careful to not damage them by driving on them. If I do have to drive directly on them, I put wood blocks between them and on both sides of them so they can't bend or break off. I also bought one heavy cone shaped disc blade that I can lay over it for lighter loads.

I also discovered that if the post comes up in the spring, I can park a tractor wheel on it for an afternoon and it will go back down.

Eric in ND
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)