AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacement seed company for Fielder's Choice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

FarmFresh
Posted 11/14/2012 17:43 (#2697083 - in reply to #2696698)
Subject: RE: Replacement seed company for Fielder's Choice?

You won't find another business model like Fielders Choice. I think you should seriously take 1 hour someday and call a few of these seed companies until you find a good trial deal or someone you 'click' with.

If you're looking for similar genetics/hybrids to Fielders Choice, any Monsanto ASI company would be a good substitute. ie. Gold Country, Kruger Fontenelle, and Channel.

It would also be helpful to know what kind of traits you like to purchase. If you like VT3 then those ASI companies are your best chance for variety of choices and usually price. If you like SmartStax then Prairie Brand(like someone mentioned) is a better bet because they are a Dow affiliate and Dow has shown much more sucess with working with the Herculex traits, therefore making them a better SS option. Basically all the Dow Affiliate's the same SS varieties for sale; ie. Dairyland, Mycogen, Prairie Brand, Pfister, Renze

eMerge from Des Moines, IA was mentioned. They have the same access to hybrids and traits that would be similar to Pioneer i believe. Could be wrong there but I think that's correct.

If you like smaller seed companies Viking Seed from Albert Lea is a no-nonsense seed company. They usually have older genetics/hybrids they purchased from Monsanto, but if they work for you then that's a good deal.

If you like conventional seed corn, I would suggest Titan Pro. They are similar to Viking Seed in that they don't necessarily produce their own genetics or traits but they had good success with conventional seeds this past year. Check out the first trials to confirm that information.

Happy hunting!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)