AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at vehicles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kswrenchturner05
Posted 11/15/2012 09:15 (#2698385 - in reply to #2696688)
Subject: RE: Looking at vehicles

Geuda Springs, Kansas
I am in the same position TR. I just became a seed dealer and have been doing a lot of thinking of what I need. Currently I have a 2006 Ford F150, and my wife drives our 2007 ford Edge. Neither one of them we bought new, however they are nice vehicles. I am looking at trading the edge for a late 2000s 3/4 or 1 ton pickup so that both my vehicles can be deducted off my income taxes. I can also trade with my wife and make rounds in my F150 when I don't need to pull anything.

In my personal opinion, the vehicle that a person drives onto a guys place says a lot about the person. It doesn't have to be new by any means. But a pickup even 10 years old that is still in good condition and is kept clean, shows that you have pride in your business and yourself. I take this point of view on my farm also. We will trade tractors every 10 to 12 years. You can wrap a lot of money up in trades every year. However my goal is to not necessarily have the newest equipment. However I do want the nicest most well taken care of equipment.

As for my plan, seed sales are not doing so hot in this drought, So I may just pull a trailer with my dads trucks for a year till things improve a little bit.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)