AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seems like much of what I grow is bad for you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/13/2012 20:37 (#2695639)
Subject: Seems like much of what I grow is bad for you

West Union, Illinois

Just got home from being gone for a week visiting one of our daughters.  She lives in a much more ... I hesitate to use the word "yuppie" although that is probably the term most on here would relate to best ... environment. It's an area with a different mindset than we are used to.  Green spaces, bike paths, organic groceries and restaurant, etc.  Very interesting people but very different mind set.

Anyway, after shopping and talking and visiting I get the feeling a significant portion of the population feels much of what I grow is bad for you!

Ethanol is bad.  High fructose corn syrup is bad.  I was talking to a lady at a pet store who launched into how corn is bad.  NEVER buy dog food with corn meal in it.  Wheat (hard wheat, not that soft kind) rye, etc are much better for you .. or at least the dog.

Same for soybeans.  First of they are all GMO from the great Satan Monsanto who is out to ruin the health of and control everyone in the world.  But soybean oil is bad.  Much better using olive or coconut or safflower or ... well almost anything but soybean and corn oil.

Am I just tired and over sensitive or are other folks seeing similar trends ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)