AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone no-till 30" beans using row cleaners?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/13/2012 22:21 (#2695933 - in reply to #2695874)
Subject: Re: Anyone no-till 30" beans using row cleaners?

Morris, IL
I could agree with that Jim but their is more to the story.

Problem is for my corn acres (2/3 of them) i feel floating is better. Corn acres are being shifting to fall strip till. Now maybe you would say fixed it better for strip till and you might be right but i have a reason. Relative of mine has striped longer them us, using same strip till bar, and similar planter and he reccomends Martin floating rows cleaners. Been using different types and that is what he as figured is best for planting corn into fall strip till. That is all he does with his 30" planter.

We still do some conventional tillage Corn and Beans with our corn planter, so i'm thinking floating won't be perfect in loose soils, need to lighten them up some. Also do some No-till Beans and in that i feel like i need more weight. Thinking right now of going with martins and clean sweep. I've though about your GFX but i do know they would be more money then we paid for the planter. Martins and CleanSweeps are less then half what we paid for planter. Don't get me wrong i think they are both very expensive. I've never heard anything bad about Dawn or Martin.

I might change my mind by early next spring but that is way i'm leaning right now. It's hard to take knowledge from someone (relative) who farms right next door, similar soils types, similar planting conditions, and similar equipment and not take the free advise.

By the way Jim, you have a customer in my area running Harvest International with your row units. I'm impressed with the strip they did.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/13/2012 22:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)