AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liberty link soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 11/15/2012 09:09 (#2698370 - in reply to #2695342)
Subject: RE: Liberty link soybeans

I had LL beans for 2 years -- both 60+ bu averages. Very pleased. Liberty works way better with the extra heat in the summer - the way that herbicide works is the plant is not able to get rid of waste -- so heres why it didnt work in corn -- Imagine you had a device installed that wouldnt let waste go out of your body for 3 days -- but you didnt eat much -- maybe yould feel like crap but probably wouldnt die. Now have them do the same thing just after you ate a huge buffet for lunch and are going to pig out for the next 3 days. That would be way worse than the first scenerio. Similar thing happens in the plant -- if there is heat and sunlight the plant produces extra waste and dies very quickly vs the corn that we're usually spraying when its 65-70 in the day and 50 at night.

So on to this year -- I planted all RR beans cause my fields kept getting dinged by guys / coops spraying - and as an agronomist it looked really bad to have crop injury on your own fields. So anyway I had a field of RR2's but got conned into putting a LL plot in the same field --- needless to say we didnt spray it with Liberty -- so the field averaged 64 -- the plot best # was 72, worst 56, average 66 -- so I would argue that it was better than the RR's. These were harvested 2 weeks after the RR's - so bone dry - but they didnt shatter much vs the 1 pass of rr's I had beside the plot. If you have good neighbors I'd do it in a heartbeat -- just be sure to spray before the weeds get tall -- use a good pre, and you'll like it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)