AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD4640 hyrdaulic filters/pump questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 11/13/2012 13:42 (#2694967 - in reply to #2694902)
Subject: RE: JD4640 hyrdaulic filters/pump questions

Macon, IL
I can answer some of those.

You will not lose all your fluid changing the filter. Yes, tehre is a screen in the bottom-which in your case with sitting long I would remove and clean as well-you will lose your fluid when you remove it. It is about 1 1/4 inch across maybe-has a square hole for inserting at 1/2" drive socket. There is a metal gasket (aluminum?) behind it-you may pick up one just in case-mine has been leaking and would be good to have a new one if taking apart-they just cost a couple bucks.

But I would just do the fluid while you are doing those the first time-then you know you are good and clean throughout. Have heard of guys using a shop vac on top of case at fill valve and changing without losing fluid-but I have never personally tried it. Enough people who I trust here have said it can be done.

I just bought a couple 3ft pieces of hose and put pioneer ends on each end a gauge in middle and plug into both and run flow-did it inline to check when configuring new hydraulic drive spray-to make sure I was moving lever the correct way. I don't suppose it would hurt anything to unplug the one end and just see what PSI it built up to.

Edited by pbutler 11/13/2012 13:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)