AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The magic of spray foam insualtion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jim
Posted 11/14/2012 20:00 (#2697304 - in reply to #2696154)
Subject: RE: The magic of spray foam insualtion

Driftless SW Wisconsin

lawfarms - 11/13/2012 23:27... The geo thermal units have something on them for foam insulation because i asked the hvac guys before we sprayed the foam on what we needed to keep the house fresh ect with air. We are keeping the ceiling fan in the center dormer on all the time stiring the air. The center dormer is all open and there is a cat walk to the living room in that area too.

Brad, pictures look very nice. i missed them the first time through last summer.  I would strongly suggest you check on what the geo system has for outside air.  The ceiling fan is a good idea to distribute the heat evenly but in a house insulated and sealed like yours there must be and outside air system basically running continuously, usually through an air to air heat exchanger.  Mine has a small vent in each bathroom, in addition to the regular shower vent, that continuously sucks a small amount of inside air down to the basement where it runs through a heat exchanger then exhausted outside.  There is an inlet on a different side of the house (so the exhausted air doesn't just come back in) that runs through the heat exchanger then into the A/C inlet duct. The small fans in the heat exchanger run all the time even in winter when the A/C itself is not on (all heat is in-floor). The heat exchanger transfers most of the heat of the exhausted stale air to the cold incoming fresh air so there is very little heat loss but constant outside fresh air coming in year around.  Looking at your july pics, there is a device on the outside wall next to the downspout but i don't think this is fresh air since the two ducts are so close together and would just recirculate.

A very nice house you have there.

Here is a very similar picture of one of my upstairs bedrooms after the open cell foam and vapor barrier are applied but before the sheet rock.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 11/14/2012 20:04

(IMG_3722_open cell foam insulation depth in trusses.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3722_open cell foam insulation depth in trusses.JPG (50KB - 99 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)