AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The magic of spray foam insualtion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 11/13/2012 08:18 (#2694511)
Subject: The magic of spray foam insualtion

King City, Mo

We haven't got the ground source hooked up in our new house yet, and the fire place is on order. The wheat field around the house was frozen yesterday morning. At 7:30am is was 28 or so according to the truck temp. The house was still 55*F inside.

I have been using a buddy heater while i'm over there working and man, it can sure warm the house up quick. One night last week my FIL and electrican both took off there sweatshirts and told me they were going to start opening windows if i didn't shut down the heat....

We spray foamed everything we could. Filled the rafters, filled the walls we also got insulated garage doors, put insulation between the house/garage shared wall, insulated the stair ways, bathrooms, bedrooms, garage ceiling, and all the walls along the attic spaces with bat insulation. 64000 board foot of foam, plus 100 rolls of kraft faced insulation. In the basement we put foam board over the concrete walls, and then studded the walls, and filled the studs w/ foam.

It's nice to see that we made the right choice because it was alot of work and how warm the house stays and how quick it warms up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)