AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Internet Tower Lease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mounder
Posted 11/13/2012 08:39 (#2694544 - in reply to #2694233)
Subject: RE: Internet Tower Lease

N.W. Illinois
I have such a system on my grain leg. Like others have mentioned it is a system that takes up little room and mounts out of the way on the railing. I have about 8-10 neighbors that receive internet service from the repeater so it isn't like there are big bucks to be made from this. The small local company provide me with there fastest internet speed 4 Mps for $18.00 p/ month. That is there standard offer to other providers of structures for mounting their stuff. Could I have hammered out a better deal, maybe, however I was tickled pink that I have reliable high speed internet service up here in the hills of NW Illinois. Service vehicles rarely come, usually to do a update on something. The contract was 1 page, very basic, everything in my favor. If I was unhappy with something I could make them remove their equipment tomorrow. Of course my neighbors would not be to happy with me. They either had no internet service before or service from Hughes satellite.
One nice thing they did was open up different ports in my router. I can now watch tv with my Roku. I don't think they would do this for their average customer. I can use as much band width as I want.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)