AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

80/20 crop share
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cturner
Posted 11/12/2012 16:29 (#2693305 - in reply to #2693207)
Subject: Re: 80/20 crop share

Pleasant Hills, NSW Australia
Weird, I did a spread sheet for this and worked out the ratio to be be 75/25, half way around the world, totally different climate/crops/soil type/landvalue. I would take it at 80/20 - It allows ALL of your gear to worked that bit harder, you can leverage against your management - ie you could make suggestions as to how to improve/ save money on the crop - this may be a good idea or a very bad idea depending on the other party. It also allows you to effectivly plan all your work as apposed to a last minute phone call when your in the middle of doing your own crop "can you just come and contract plant this paddock for me in 3 hours?" grrrrrrrr.
It may even give you an in to renting the land at some other point in time if circumstances change. One suggestion, dont lock the percentage in totally - work out your projected costs if you where renting the land and getting contracters to do all the work, then work out who pays what ( you would be paying for the contract work to be done by doing it yourself or paying someone on your behalf) and take a percentage of the crop based on how much you contributed- risk vs reward. You have the ultimate power in this situation to either make it work or let fail - your in charge of the timing of operations, and because it is sort of like renting a farm you can keep an eye on the crops progress and know what work is coming up and plan for it. This is the model I'm chasing here because I have lots of machinery and little to no capital. Just my two cents (maybe 3 cents - long paragraph)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)