AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some thoughts on fungi and nutrients
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 11/13/2012 08:05 (#2694493 - in reply to #2694208)
Subject: RE: middle name

Little River, TX
Tim, I enjoyed your light teasing and in kind. You were not casting aspersions on my 60 year old BS in Vocational Ag from the great Southwest Texas State Teachers College. Unfortunately that Educational Beacon on the Hill is no more.

From what I have read and heard the rhizobia for alfalfa and sweet clover does nothing for red clover of many of the other clovers and legumes. 60 years ago alfalfa was not pre inoculated and we would purchase, at the feed store. rhizobia in red envelopes that was labeled for alfalfa and sweet clover.

Our Pasture Yohan was assigned to the Little River Methodist Church. He was born and raised in Korea but received a lot of his education in the States. The first year here he usually referred to Nebraska, and Ohio. He still talks funny and I assume it is his Northern Accent. Sometimes I believe being assigned to the Little River Methodist congregation is a form of punishment or penance. It never hurts to check as coincidences are more common than most people realize.

A number of years ago we drove north to Central Nebraska & then to Omaha to a joint AFGC & SRM conference. It was there I became interested in Midwest Labs, visiting their booth. Nebraska also has an interesting Alfalfa Association.

We both can agree that anyone with Hay in their handle can not be all that bad.

Have a Grand & Glorious Season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)