AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Initial thoughts on Geo Steer...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bpeelen
Posted 11/13/2012 12:32 (#2694868 - in reply to #2694562)
Subject: Re: Initial thoughts on Geo Steer...

Sheldon, IA
Serial rate controller is only rate, section control requires liquid module so it has the boom channels and wiring tied into it.

I will try to explain this switch thing plainly...

Problem with the implement switch is that it is analog not CAN based. There are no analog wires going to the Integra for processing, everything comes in on CAN. This why Ag Leader requires a CAN module to hook to external controls. The modules convert CAN/Analog signals and alow everything to work tegether. A CAN implement switch would cost considerably more because of the conversion board that it would need to go CAN and hook to the CAN wiring. There is no "Simple" way to hook CAN to Analog without a module. Try hooking into a CAN switch in a newer tractor or self-propelled sprayer to signal area counting sometime and you will see what I mean. (You may also find that you pull out all your hair in the process; I gave up) The whole idea behind CAN was using less wiring to do more. If Ag Leader used analog to control equipment the harness would be 2-3 inches thick in some situations (like a Raven 4xx-6xx with sidekick setup). The old PF were all analog and that is why the switches hooked in so easily.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)