AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Initial thoughts on Geo Steer...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/12/2012 14:45 (#2693142 - in reply to #2692830)
Subject: RE: Initial thoughts on Geo Steer...

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I drove a friend's Challenger 755B? with Geo Steer for several hours last Saturday. This was pulling a 32' Sunflower tillage tool. It seemed to work very well.

I felt right at home with the Versa display since everything seems so logical. Of course, my many years of experience both in the field and on the bench with Ag Leader displays was helpful.

Since there were no application modules installed, I toggled the Coverage Map ON with the onscreen icon. With the Trimble system I would have been able to set it to paint whenever the steering was engaged. Ag Leader does not provide for that option but it is really not a big deal with a tillage situation. In an actual application situation, the coverage map would have painted whenever application was taking place.

It seemed to make more of a sweeping arc when locking On to the next guidance line which was fine but not as abrupt when as it was when this same tractor was steering with an Autopilot and an EZ-Guide 500.

The action could certainly be changed by messing with some of the settings. I found it fine just a bit different.

Edited by tedbear 11/12/2012 14:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)