AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Drying Efficiency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

9670guy
Posted 11/12/2012 09:02 (#2692587 - in reply to #2692341)
Subject: Meant to reply to OP

NW IL
Your young, build a system that you can expand on in the future. Go CF. Our dryer can be ran full heat or vacuum cool. Full heat is less efficient (maybe 10-15%, it's been a few years since I compared, but it was enough different I haven't run that way since) and also gives us problems because we can't cool the corn as fast as the dryer will dry it. I just figured some of this years costs. At $1.13 lp gas it cost $.016 a point for the gas only.(Don't have the last electric bill yet, so don't know that cost). Vacuum cool can vary because(on ours any way) you can adjust louvers to change the vacuum. Early on I was dumpimng corn at ambient temp( most efficient, but slower). Later I wanted more capacity, so I gave it more fresh air. Then I was dumping it at 20 degrees over ambient temp. We have a vacuum gauge on the side of the dryer. Fwiw. Farm Fans 17 colunm centrifucal fan dryer here.

If you are cost conscious, why are you talking air system over augers? How many bins? Blower motors take more juice than an auger requires, and have less capacity. Air systems will also do more damage.

Edited by 9670guy 11/12/2012 09:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)