AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Drying Efficiency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/11/2012 22:47 (#2692124 - in reply to #2692000)
Subject: Re: Grain Drying Efficiency

Morris, IL
I agree i think Clay. What exactly are you saying, if you saying go with heat and cool and in years like 2009 we can switch it to all heat i agree. That can be done to both i put in first post. Mounder above talks about how to do that with his dryer SQE above. I'm not sure on sukup but i'd guess you can, it talks about the heat and cool capacity as well as full heat capacity.

I think it seems to me if you going to do a CF dryer, do it right with vacuum cool for efficiency in most all years. Run it full heat in super wet year like 2009. It's the jump form Stir-ators to CF dryer i'm having hard time with, that's the jump i can't quite justify until i get enough proof that drying 50-60k a year, it pays.

And keep the rambling coming Clay, have no problem hearing all opinions.

And i have been thinking about your 30' drying bind suggestion. Do a 30' drying bin, another 36' to hold 2 batch out of 30' for my total storage capacity of 30,000 that i'd like. Only problem is i don't think i can fit 6 batches through a 30' drying bin in a typical year. Seems like three batches is all i have time for in a year with older systems, maybe newer one on steroids i could get 4 but that still good 2 weeks aways from 6 that i'd need. So i'd have to send it strait to elevator and take big dock or somehow run it through 35 year old Sukup. But this 30' with 36' work great in future, add blower and dryer and your set. That stir-ator will be scrap by that time so probably use it for drying the cone and last batch.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/11/2012 22:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)