AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You have 3 options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 11/11/2012 20:33 (#2691758 - in reply to #2691231)
Subject: RE: Well jeez, one could take it that you

North Central Illinois
Yes I am short the market. I am sold out at an average of $7.25 on a 172 bu crop. That price includes insurance bu and dollars. It certainly isn't the best average or biggest gross on this board but considering the summer we went thru I don't think that is too bad. I don't have to haul anything this winter when its cold and snowing either. Bird in the hand so to speak. I'm just glad this year is over and ready to move onto 2013. Despite what some were hoping I covered my forward sold bu and had 100 bu per acre to spare. I am long with a few calls just in case things would take off and run but I don't have too many of those either. So yeah I am short the market. So what? If you think my manners are pee poor I'm sorry. I'm just tired of you coming on here with outrageous predictions and acting like you really know something about raising corn in the cornbelt. I think you better stick to feeding hay in New Mexico. If memory serves me I think you were calling for bullish reports for both September and October with markets sharply higher for a least a week after both. How did that work out? About like all that oil rain we were supposed to get after the Gulf oil spill.

I have no idea where markets are going from here. At this point I can see more downside potential than upside but am not yet willing to be a seller of 2013. I know some on this board only want to hear bullish talk but at this point I really don't know where we go from here. Obviously, neither do you. Good day sir.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)