AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hotel / Motel etiquette
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kstate90
Posted 11/11/2012 20:51 (#2691800 - in reply to #2690992)
Subject: Re: Hotel / Motel etiquette

North Central Kansas
At least you had a room. When we flew out of Kansas City this summer on our way to Germany we decided that we should get a room close to the airport that offered free parking and a shuttle. I looked online and found a Holiday Inn Express that was close to the airport. I booked it online and received the confirmation email. In the online site it stated that the motel was under construction and would open for business two weeks before our reservation. We arrived in KC on July 20th about 10pm. We drove by the motel on the highway. The Holiday Inn Express sign was lit up and there were several lights on in the hotel. However we could see in the pool room and it looked like there was construction supplies in the pool room. We drove around to the front of the building and there were no cars in the parking lot but there were a couple of telehandlers and a skid steer, and a bunch of pallets of supplies. We drove up to the entrance and read the sign that said where to check supplies in and at. I pulled out my email and called the number on it. The lady on the other end told me to go inside and talk to the receptionist. I explained to her that there was no receptionist. She hung up on me. Two calls later I got a person who admitted that it was not open but she had a story that it had closed. We ended up going to a Holiday Inn and staying the night. He told us that several people had had the same thing happen. After we got home I emailed customer service and ended up getting a refund. Our hotels in Germany and Austria were there waiting for us when we arrived.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)