AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What RTK base setup should I look at?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 11/11/2012 11:13 (#2690616)
Subject: What RTK base setup should I look at?

East Central Ia
I am wanting to look into an RTK base station over the winter. I will use it for tiling, as well as other farm operations.

I have a mix of trimble and new Ag Leader equipment. Is there something that will work for both?

What would be the best way to setup a permanent location for farming, and then be able to move it around for tiling? I assume I could move it around for tiling as long as I mount it back in the exact same spot for farming and not effect repeatability?

Would I be looking at setting up a repeater tower at my bin site, there is a cell tower about the same elevation a 1/4 mile away so I know i should get good coverage from my bin site. And then have my base station permanently mounted somewhere close by that sends signal to my repeater? This is how my neighbors setup is that was put up as part of an dealers network.

I would like to be able to use it with an Ag Leader Geo Steer, and Trimble 252/262 recievers. Is this possible? At the moment the Geo Steer is WAAS only so I will need to add a radio to it.

I want to be able to use it for planting, tiling, and spraying mostly. But it just seems to me that if you want to use it on more than one thing a guy should strongly consider his own base otherwise the subscriptions and data plans quickly add up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)