AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you handle it when.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 11/11/2012 10:48 (#2690574)
Subject: How do you handle it when.....

....your system looses it a short time into the job?

It was an equipment malfunction, nothing really to do with signal etc. I am using a tractor to pull my redball 690 until I get the truck up and running. I decided to give it go with the cruzier 2 and no foam marking system as I dont wish to waste all the plumbing of the foam for a temporary thing. The cruzier 2 has been good for me and not locked or crashed at all, so......... I got along good for the first few fields, then my biggest field, 150 acres, I get the first headland half way thru and the A/B line set, when the power cord plug falls out. Crossing the grass seed rows was shaking the unit pretty bad.

It appears that though it was mapping so far, it was not holding the map or whatever you call it, to memory, and when it finally fell all the way out, it lost all that I had done up to that point. No way to retrieve it. I got it going again after an hour of restarts and other issues that I assume was related to the partial power plug insertion. Once I got it running again, it worked really well and no other issues. But still, I had to start over on a new job. I hope I did'nt damage the unit internals when the power plug was partially inserted and flickering the power.

So now I have to ask, since I basically had not choice but back track and mostly start over, how do you handle this sort of situation when your equipment glitches or has a wire rub or something? Do you re-trace your last passes or........? I cant count rows as this is basically a carpet of grass. A little foam now and then for a backup would have been nice in this situation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)