AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cover crop seed company
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tj_farmer
Posted 11/11/2012 09:34 (#2690448 - in reply to #2690421)
Subject: RE: Cover crop seed company

NW central IL
yeah i totally agree loran, but if john deere himself, and old man oliver was posting about it every four or fifth post telling them how great it is, instead of actual facts or answers to questions, i can see where he's coming from.
for the record, i think they do pretty good about not pushing there product themselves....its just crap when someone posts results and gets critiqued on how he did it and the results, when all the guy did was do a real world side by side....most of the time, its not by the business guys though, its by the farmers using the system currently, and dont like to hear about it not working elsewhere........unless your a guy with alot of time on your hands, or getting grant money to do it, noone has time to do a "four year no-till" baseline, then 3 year side by side, then 10+ reps across a field. it might be more accurate, but not real world results.....most guys are going to do some split fields in broadcast or 3-5 side by side reps in their current program.
alot of guys around here bought allittle seed, but never got it in.....as we lost 2 weeks in mid oct to get it in...

Edited by tj_farmer 11/11/2012 09:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)