AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

stamp farms in decatur, mi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ms8300
Posted 11/10/2012 21:57 (#2689878 - in reply to #2689748)
Subject: Re: stamp farms in decatur, mi

I farm in southern michigan and they have farmed the farms next to us for the last couple years and i think it is funny. They have went around the area bidding farms up and not making very many friends in the process but i know it is a dog eat dog industry but makes it dam hard for young farmers like me and many others to find some ground to farm. Put it this way if you have to have a full time body guard around u all the time like mike did then there is a problem in my opinion. They would pull into the farms with there 10 quad tracks and a 36 row planter and three 24 row planter and go to turning circles around each other and it was kind of funny to watch. My grandpa was fitting some ground ahead of me planting and looked over there 3 years ago and said just give them time and they will go broke and i kind of laughed but come to find out he was right. He has farmed for 67 years and told me to keep looking straight ahead and not pay attention to those big hot dogs because in the end you will have the last laugh. Walking out in there crops every year i wasn't impressed not saying mine are the best every year because they are not but it looked like to me they were trying to farm to much and there crops would show it. Just in my 2 cents of the situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)