AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4440
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 11/10/2012 09:41 (#2688972)
Subject: John Deere 4440

Amherst WI
I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my 5488 and buying a 4440. Right now the 5488 pulls my bean planter in the spring and it was on the grain cart for one day this fall. The tire configuration on it and the 1000 RPM only pto limit the jobs it can do around here so it sits most of the year. I know I could change the tires and PTO but the tractor has alreadt had $10K dumped in it since I've owned it and I don't care to keep doing that.

My bean planter is a custom built 24 row 15" planter made out of a 900 HRF planter. It is heavy, but all my beans are no-till and most of my land is fairly level. I think I can make a 4440 work on it, but I am not sure. I pulled a similar planter with a 1466 in tilled ground and no duals but it also was just a 12 row with no modifacations other than the fertilizer tank on the tounge which may have helped me pull it.

Ideally I wanted a 8XXX series this fall but then it forgot to rain about 400 times this summer, then my 7810 could be on the bean planter and my new tractor could plant the corn.

Any of you 4440 owners want to chime in on this? Will it pull it?

(planting beans resized2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments planting beans resized2.jpg (60KB - 216 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)